Office of Governor George W. P. Hunt (Circa 1920) Photo taken at Arizona Capital Museum on March 3, 2011
Today, I focused solely on this course. I had no idea how much I did not know about Arizona! I have lived here for 32 years and this course will be my enlightening period. I see why it is important for all teachers to have the US and State Constitution on their teaching certificates.
Here is what I will know at the end of this course:
- the major geographic features and historical periods of AZ
- difference between the initiative and referendum processes
- the impeachment and recall processes
- structure of AZ’s legislative districts
- how a bill becomes a law
- the executive offices and their specific powers
- the courts in the AZ judicial system and the jurisdiction of each court
- the major components of county and municipal governments
I am READY!